Makes : 4 servings
Zesty Chicken Strips
The ultimate chicken fingers, these succulent strips are deliciously crisp and so packed with flavour you might even skip the dip.
- 750 ml or 3 cups All-Bran Flakes* cereal
- 1 egg (or 2 egg whites)
- 30 ml or 2 tbsp water
- 15 ml or 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 15 ml or 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 5 ml or 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 ml or 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breats (about 500g/1 lb)
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 45 ml or 3 tbsp butter or margarine, melted
1. Crush cereal to fine crumbs. Place in shallow bowl.
2. In small bowl, slightly beat together egg, water, lemon juice, mustard, Italian seasoning and garlic salt.
3. Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry. Cut into large strips. Coat strips with flour then dip in egg mixture. Coat with cereal crumbs. Place on foil-lined baking sheet, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Drizzle with melted butter.
4. Bake at 190°F (375°C) for about 25 minutes, or until tender. Serve hot with sweet and sour sauce, plum sauce or barbecue sauce.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.
What's psyllium fibre?
Psyllium fibre is a type of “soluble fibre” that forms a gel in the digestive system. This traps some of the cholesterol and removes it from the body.
Most Canadians only get about half of the recommended fibre per day§
Did you know fibre needs water to work effectively? Try to get at least 9 cups of fluids every day.