Makes : 4 servings
Roasted Carrots with Hazelnuts and All-Bran* Cereal
Perfect for festive meals, this stunning dish is even more spectacular when made with multi-coloured heirloom carrots.
- 500 g or 1 lb baby carrots red/yellow or orange
- n/a Olive oil for drizzling
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup roasted chopped hazelnuts
- n/a Sea salt to season
- 30 ml or 2 tbsp crumbled goats cheese
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup All-Bran Original* cereal
1. Wash and peel all the carrots and place them in a roasting dish; season with sea salt, drizzle of olive oil and mix well.
2. Slow roast at 160°C (325°F) for approximately 30 mins. Note, the size of the carrots will determine the length of time required to ensure the carrots are soft and tender. Poke with fork to test doneness.
3. When the carrots are cooked, remove from the oven and place on a serving platter; sprinkle hazelnuts, All-Bran Original® cereal and crumbled goat’s cheese and serve.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.
What's psyllium fibre?
Psyllium fibre is a type of “soluble fibre” that forms a gel in the digestive system. This traps some of the cholesterol and removes it from the body.
Most Canadians only get about half of the recommended fibre per day§
Did you know fibre needs water to work effectively? Try to get at least 9 cups of fluids every day.