Makes : 36 cookies
Peanut Butter Crunch Cookies
When you feel like a little crunch, give these cookies that use crunchy peanut butter and chopped peanuts a try.
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup butter
- 175 ml or 3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 250 ml or 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 10 ml or 2 tsp vanilla
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 375 ml or 1 1/2 cups All-Bran Buds* cereal
- 7 ml or 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 5 ml or 1 tsp baking soda
- 0.5 ml or 1/8 tsp salt
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
1. Beat together butter, peanut butter and brown sugar in a large bowl until well combined. Beat in egg and vanilla.
2. In small bowl, blend flour, cereal, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Pour into butter mixture and stir to combine. Stir in peanuts.
3. Form into 15ml (1 tbsp) balls. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving 2 inches between each cookie. Press down on each cookie using the tines of a floured fork.
4. Bake at 190°C (375°F) for 8 - 10 minutes or until lightly brown on bottom. Let cool for 2 minutes then remove to wire racks and cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Variation: Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Cookies: Stir 250 mL (1 cup) chocolate chips into the batter with the peanuts. Bake as above.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.
What's psyllium fibre?
Psyllium fibre is a type of “soluble fibre” that forms a gel in the digestive system. This traps some of the cholesterol and removes it from the body.
Most Canadians only get about half of the recommended fibre per day§
Did you know fibre needs water to work effectively? Try to get at least 9 cups of fluids every day.