Our Best Bran Muffins
Prep Time: 10 min
Sometimes the best things are kept simple… just like these hearty and moist muffins.
- 1 1/3 cups or 325 ml All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup or 125 ml Sugar
- 1 tbsp or 15 ml Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp or 1 ml Salt
375 ml or 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup or 250 ml Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 cup or 75 ml vegetable oil
1. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine cereal and milk . Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg and oil. Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Portion batter evenly into twelve greased 2 1/2-inch muffin pan cups coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake in oven at 200°C (400°F) for about 20 minutes or until muffins are golden brown. Serve warm.
Variations: Molasses - Decrease milk to 1/2 cup. Add 1/2 cup molasses to cereal with milk. Omit sugar. Follow directions above.
YIELD: 12 muffins
PER SERVING (1 muffin):
7 g Fat
26 g Carbohydrate
3 g Dietary Fibre
4 g Protein
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's® products. Results with other products may vary.