Makes : 2 cups
Total Time: 3 min
Prep Time: 3 min
Who doesn’t need more greens in their life? This surprisingly sweet smoothie is a great way to add more to your day.
- 250 mL or 1 cup water
- 60 mL or ¼ cup All-Bran Buds* cereal
- 250 mL or 1 cup packed baby spinach or chopped spinach
- 3 ice cubes
- 1 small ripe banana, halved
- 60 mL or ¼ cup plain low-fat yogurt (unsweetened)
1. Place water and cereal in blender and let soak for 2 minutes. Add spinach, ice cubes, banana and yogurt to cereal mixture and blend on high until smooth.
VARIATION: For a coconut ginger smoothie, replace the water with an equal amount of coconut water and add 5 mL or 1 tsp grated fresh ginger.
TIP: To add a little sweetness to your smoothie, try replacing the water with orange juice or apple juice.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's® products. Results with other products may vary.
What's psyllium fibre?
Psyllium fibre is a type of “soluble fibre” that forms a gel in the digestive system. This traps some of the cholesterol and removes it from the body.
Most Canadians only get about half of the recommended fibre per day§
Did you know fibre needs water to work effectively? Try to get at least 9 cups of fluids every day.