Makes : 18 bars
Dried Fruit and Cereal Bars
These no-bake bars can easily be customized – simply add your favourite dried fruit.
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup golden corn syrup
- 75 ml or 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1.125 L or 4 1/2 cups All-Bran Flakes* cereal
- 10 ml or 2 tsp grated orange rind
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup chopped mixed dried fruit (such as: apricots, dates, apples, raisins, cranberries, sour cherries)
1. In large saucepan, combine corn syrup, brown sugar and butter. Stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and sugar is dissolved; continue cooking and stirring for 1 minute longer. Remove from heat, stir in cereal, orange rind and dried fruit mixture.
2. Firmly press mixture into 23 cm (9-inch) square baking pan coated with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Let cool completely, cut into bars. Store in airtight containers or wrap individually in plastic wrap.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.
What's psyllium fibre?
Psyllium fibre is a type of “soluble fibre” that forms a gel in the digestive system. This traps some of the cholesterol and removes it from the body.
Most Canadians only get about half of the recommended fibre per day§
Did you know fibre needs water to work effectively? Try to get at least 9 cups of fluids every day.