Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
If your favourite part of a cookie is the middle, give these bars a try - and maybe the first slice should be scooped out of the centre of the pan.
- 300 ml or 1 1/4 cups All-Bran Original* cereal
- 250 ml or 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 10 ml or 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 ml or 1/4 tsp salt
- 375 ml or 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 75 ml or 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 45 ml or 3 tbsp water
- 5 ml or 1 tsp vanilla
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
1. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with parchment paper, extending paper up sides of pan; set aside.
2. In medium bowl, mix together cereal, flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, whisk together brown sugar, egg, oil. Whisk in water and vanilla. Stir in cereal mixture until combined. Stir in mini chocolate chips.
4. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
5. Bake at 180°C (350°F) for about 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely, cut into bars. Store in airtight container.
Variations: Substitute half of flour with whole wheat flour. Add chopped nuts if desired.
YIELD: 18 bars
2 g Protein
30 g Carbohydrate
5 g Fat
2 g Dietary Fibre
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's® products. Results with other products may vary.