Makes : 36 cookies
Cherry and White Chocolate Chip Cookies
It’s time to say ‘Hello’ to a new favourite combination – dried cherries and white chocolate.
- 375 ml or 1 1/2 cups All-Bran Flakes* cereal
- 375 ml or 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 ml or 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 ml or 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 ml or 1/4 tsp salt
- 175 ml or 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 175 ml or 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 ml or 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 175 ml or 3/4 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 175 ml or 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1. In medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixer bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients, mixing until well combined.
3. Stir in All-Bran Flakes*, dried cherries and white chocolate chips.
4. Drop dough by rounded 15 ml (1 tbsp) measure about 2 5/10 cm (1-inch) apart onto lightly greased (or parchment lined) baking sheets.
5. Bake at 180°C (350°F) for 8 to 9 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool for 2 minutes, then remove to racks and cool completely. Store in airtight container.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.
What's psyllium fibre?
Psyllium fibre is a type of “soluble fibre” that forms a gel in the digestive system. This traps some of the cholesterol and removes it from the body.
Most Canadians only get about half of the recommended fibre per day§
Did you know fibre needs water to work effectively? Try to get at least 9 cups of fluids every day.