Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 35 min
Topped with a crunchy garlic and herb topping, these roasted tomatoes are bound to transport you to the south of France.
- 4 Vine-ripened tomatoes
- 15 mL or 1 tbsp olive oil, plus more for tossing and drizzling
- 5 mL or 1 tsp each, kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper, divided
- 125 mL or ½ cup All-Bran Buds* cereal
- 60 mL or ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 15 mL or 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- Pinch red pepper flakes
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Process cereal in a food processor until it reaches a breadcrumb-like consistency.
3. Slice tomatoes in half lengthwise. Remove and discard the seeds and juice. Place tomatoes in a casserole dish, cut side up, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with half the salt and pepper.
4. In a small bowl, combine the oil, cereal, cheese, parsley, garlic, shallots, pepper flakes and remaining salt and pepper. Divide the cereal mixture evenly over the tomatoes. Bake for 25 minutes. Drizzle with a splash of olive oil just before serving.
YIELD: 4 servings
TIP: Top with additional grated Parmesan cheese and parsley if desired.
17 g Carbohydrate
6 g Fat
6 g Dietary Fibre
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's® products. Results with other products may vary.