Makes : 12 muffins
Apricot Bran Muffins
A little bit sweet, a little bit tangy, here apricots prove they might be a bran muffins best friend.
- 500 ml or 2 cups All-Bran Flakes* cereal
- 425 ml or 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 75 ml or 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 15 ml or 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 ml or 1/4 tsp salt
- 375 ml or 1 1/2 cups apricot nectar **
- 1 egg (or 2 egg whites)
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
1. In medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, mix together cereal, nectar, egg and oil.
3. Stir in dried apricots. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined.
4. Spoon batter into 12 large muffin tins, coated with non-stick cooking spray or lined with muffin papers.
5. Bake at 200°C (400°F) for 25 minutes or until browned and firm to the touch. Serve warm. May be frozen.
* * Or, purée fresh or canned apricot halves, adding a bit of liquid, until it is pourable.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.
What's psyllium fibre?
Psyllium fibre is a type of “soluble fibre” that forms a gel in the digestive system. This traps some of the cholesterol and removes it from the body.
Most Canadians only get about half of the recommended fibre per day§
Did you know fibre needs water to work effectively? Try to get at least 9 cups of fluids every day.