Makes : 12 muffins
Apple Harvest Muffins
Every tender bite is filled with the flavours of the harvest season - cinnamon, nutmeg, and of course, apples.
- 750 ml or 3 cups All-Bran Flakes* cereal
- 500 ml or 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 20 ml or 4 tsp baking powder
- 5 ml or 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 ml or 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 ml or 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 400 ml or 1 2/3 cup milk
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 25 ml or 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 egg
- 250 ml or 1 cup finely-chopped unpeeled red apple
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup raisins
- 7 ml or 1 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 ml or 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Combine granulated sugar and cinnamon for topping; set aside.
2. In large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; set aside.
3. In medium bowl combine cereal, milk, oil, molasses and egg; beat well. Stir in apple and raisins. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened. Portion batter evenly into 12 large lightly-greased muffin-pan cups. Sprinkle with reserved cinnamon sugar.
4. Bake at 200°C (400°F) 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and top of muffin springs back when lightly touched.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.
What's psyllium fibre?
Psyllium fibre is a type of “soluble fibre” that forms a gel in the digestive system. This traps some of the cholesterol and removes it from the body.
Most Canadians only get about half of the recommended fibre per day§.
Did you know fibre needs water to work effectively? Try to get at least 9 cups of fluids every day.