Makes : 14 slices
Total Time: 90 min
Prep Time: 30 min
Almond & Poppy Seed Loaf
The subtle almond flavour of this loaf makes it a cup of tea’s irresistible companion.
- 250 ml or 1 cup All-Bran Original* cereal
- 375 ml or 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 10 ml or 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 ml or 1/4 tsp salt
- 15 ml or 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 250 ml or 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 eggs
- 75 ml or 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 5 ml or 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 ml or 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds
1. In medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and poppy seeds. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, mix together cereal and milk. Let stand for 5 minutes or until cereal is softened.
3. Stir in eggs, oil, vanilla and almond extract. Add almonds and flour mixture, stirring only until combined.
4. Spread batter evenly in 22 x 11 cm (8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch) loaf pan coated with non-stick cooking spray.
5. Bake at 180°C (350°F) for about 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Let cool completely on wire rack before slicing. Wrap with plastic wrap.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.
What's psyllium fibre?
Psyllium fibre is a type of “soluble fibre” that forms a gel in the digestive system. This traps some of the cholesterol and removes it from the body.
Most Canadians only get about half of the recommended fibre per day§
Did you know fibre needs water to work effectively? Try to get at least 9 cups of fluids every day.